If we have time for another comment on this topic, I'd like to offer
another perspective (I have been a FLL referee and head referee.).

This is what the INTO ORBIT rules say:
[image: image.png]
The key is "as directed by the tournament officials". If you have a
question on this policy, please ask during the tournament's coaches meeting
or ask the tournament head referee.

If I was your head referee, this is what I would tell you. The requirement
for two at a time is a loose requirement and if there were three or four
members at the table at one moment in time there is no problem. Quite
frankly, as long as there is not a strategic purpose for your extra members
being at the table and as long as you are not in the way of the referee nor
blocking the view of the audience, more than two can be at the table for a
short while. If your entire team was camped out on the south wall of the
table, I'd be asking them to step back.

We want the tournament to be a fun experience for your team and for those
watching the tournament. Don't fret over the "two technician rule" too
much. Swap out as often and as quickly as you desire (and have fun!).

Bill