I would like to get clarification on crater (i know for the thousandth time). This won't help my team because we are done, but it might help teams competing tomorrow or next weekend.

It was our understanding that we could send a projectile across the crater.  As long as the robot was not touching the projectile, and the projectile complete crosses over the crater, this is legal.  We were told today that the ENTIRE ROBOT had to cross the crater.  The kids made a simple wheel thing that sat on an attachment (not attached...just carried).  They drove to crater, dropped the wheeled system and pushed it.  It traveled independently across the crater.  No attachment is touching the wheel system as it rides across the crater. We were told by head judge this did not count.

Anyone? 6 teams in our competition could not run this mission because they had similar to above.  We still feel we are correct in our strategy.