We really appreciate that the competition is completely managed by volunteers and they are all trying to do their best. We have also conducted competitions and know how difficult it can be. So I always prepare my team to expect some of these issues to occur. My team was also affected by this interpretation of the ruling. Another issue to watch out is the alignment of the mat to the South Wall. Two of our missions depended on that alignment to "Wall Follow". My team knew to look out for the gap and point it to the referee. Unfortunately, the table referee said that they could not do anything as the mat was taped down. I am not sure what guidance to give my team in terms of how much to pursue this, without risking the team's chances, before moving on. Would like to hear from others.

-Dinesh