Rule 35 says: "Only the final (end-of-Match) condition of your Field is
evaluated for scoring."

>>   Does that mean that the flags have to still be raised at the end of
the match?
  Yes, the Flags must be raised at the end of the match to get flag points
for Mission 1.  And the Robot must be Supported by the Bridge at the end of
the match to get Bridge points or Flag points from Mission 1.

  There is NO REQUIREMENT in the Rules or the Missions that says where the
Robot must be the moment that the match ends, but to get points for Mission
1, there is definitely a location that the Team should plan for.

>>  can the robot go up the bridge, raise the flags by stopping the robot
on the levers, and then come back down the bridge, thereby releasing the
flags to fall back down, to go on to other missions or Home?
Generally speaking, the team can have the Robot go anywhere on the Field at
any time, and do any Mission or part of a Mission, in any order that the
Team thinks will work.  The Robot may move something into a scoring
position and then mess it up later.  All that counts is the condition of
the Field at the moment that the Match ends.

 >>  Regarding Home, must the robot return to Home by the end of the 2.5
minutes, or can it stop somewhere on the field?
There is persistent "folklore" about requiring the Robot to return
somewhere before the end of the match.  I've been a referee for 15 years,
and in that time there has never been a requirement for the Robot to end up
where it started.  Where does this "folklore" come from?  There have been
several missions through the years for which the Robot needs to be
somewhere specific to satisfy a scoring condition.  Or, maybe some teams
think that it's more elegant to the Robot to return to the Technicians at
the end, and some people thought it was a requirement.  There is no ending
location written in the Rules, so there isn't any ending location
required.  Ending location does not affect scoring for any Mission, except
those Missions that explicitly require the Robot to be somewhere to earn
points.

Steve Scherr
Virginia-DC FLL Referee Advisor

>> I have seen some discussions that talk about making it back to Home by
the end, but I haven't seen where it says that is required in the rules.