A question for clarification

Can a portion of the robot hang over the launching area into the home area at the starting time, assuming that the size of the  robot with it’s part fit within the small inspection area?

Thank you

Reza

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 27, 2019, at 11:48 AM, VA-DC FLL Referee Advisor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>   if the robot comes back to the launch area(the white 1/4 circle of previous years) of it's own volition- not by technicians interrupting-  and not into the new home (black no mat space), points will be lost if the robot is touched?
Correct.  Rule 27 says: "If you Interrupt the Robot, [and it is] Not Completely in Home: Lose a Precision Token."

>>  can the robot's attachments be moved into the larger black area without penalty once the match has begun to ensure the robot doesn't accidentally damage something upon return?
Correct, Rule 19 says: "After passing Inspection, arrange your Equipment anywhere in Home for storage and adjustments, and/or the Launch Area for Launch."

All of the space between the west edge of the Mat and the west wall is Home (Rule 07).  Any part of Home is safe for the Robot to return to.
The Team Technicians may move stuff around in Home at any time to allow the Robot to return, to set stuff up, or just because they want to.  (Rules 19, 22, 26, update RG13)

Steve Scherr
Virginia-DC FLL Referee Advisor