Hi

I am coaching a team and pretty new to this. I am trying to teach the kids about the color sensor block and this is what I am not clear about. It would be helpful if someone can clarify on this.

Color sensor block has two ways to detect the color. One is to measure the "Color " and the other is to use "Reflected Light Intensity".
Questions:
1. When do we use one over the other?
2.  I think we can always use 'color' to detect it?  Why do we calibrate the sensor to use  "Reflected Light Intensity"?
3.  And can we use the Hardware view to detect the light intensity instead of calibrating?

Please shed some light on this.

Thanks,
Lahiri.