A quick update for the FLL Work Day that Norfolk Collegiate is hosting this coming Saturday: Karen Berger, the state tournament director and the tournament director for the Newport News and Yorktown regionals, and co-Director for the Norview regional (Karen, did I get that right?), will be at the FLL Work Day. She will be able to answer your questions regarding just about anything related to the tournaments. Robot game rules, what happens in a judging room, the pits, practice tables, what to bring, what NOT to bring, lunch options, and general questions about the meaning of life! Additionally, I am a head judge for this area and I can answer questions about judged events as well.

This will be a great opportunity for new teams to get first hand knowledge about what to expect at the tournaments. And for those veteran teams, do you know all of the new rules this year? Because there are a lot! And the changes affect the judged events and robot game.

And even if you think you have a good handle on your preparations, then please come and share. There are a lot of rookie teams that can use your help.

It doesn't matter how far behind you think you are. We are all in this together. :)

The FLL Work Day is this Saturday the 12th from 10:00am to 12:00 noon. It is at the Norfolk Collegiate Middle School:

Norfolk Collegiate middle school
7336 Granby St
Norfolk, VA 23505

https://goo.gl/maps/kjkKXc41GQ1gDL7g6