VA-DC FLL Teams,
The tournament assignments are now posted on the VA-DC FLL website (https://va-dcfll.org/2019-tournament-assignments/). Please use the list to find out where your team is assigned. Be careful to look up the correct team number – some teams have the same or very similar names this year. Make sure that your division is correct (if the birthdays you listed are correct, the division is correct).
Assignments were made on a first-come, first-serve basis, though some adjustments did have to be made due to not having enough teams at a particular tournament to run both divisions at the tournament. A few important notes:
* Manassas, Woodbridge and Richmond will be Division 1 only (we did not have enough division 2 teams to hold that division at the tournaments). Richmond may switch back to both divisions but the impacted coaches have been contacted separately to let them know what’s going on.
* A few of the tournaments were VERY popular and we are simply not able to place all the teams that want to go to those events into them. Combined, Chantilly, Woodbridge and DC1 had 162 teams select them as a first choice, with only 88 slots between them (not to mention all the teams that picked them as a 2nd choice and didn’t get their 1st choice), Glen Allen has twice as many teams select them as a first choice as they had space, etc. Some of the tournaments got to capacity in just a few minutes.
With all of that, we were able to get 338 teams (69.3% of teams) into their first choice, 82 into their 2nd choice (16.8%), 32 into their 3rd choice (6.6%). We had 36 that we could not get into one of their top three choices. For all of those teams we tried our best to put them in a tournament in the same geographical area as at least one for their top three choices and if possible, the same day, but often were not able to have it on the same day. Please be aware that because so many teams picked the same tournaments, especially in Northern Virginia/DC, there are going to be teams that registered on the first day and did not get one of their top three choices.
So, if you didn’t get your top choice(s), it is because the tournament was full before I got to your registration, based on the first-come, first-serve. Please do not ask us to switch you to your first choice because there is not any space left. There are still a few tournaments with space so if you do want to switch, we need to know ASAP (by Sunday, 10/20 - we will not allow changes after that date since tournament directors need time to write schedule and plan for their events and we need to order supplies). The tournaments listed below are the ONLY options (# in parenthesis is the number of spots left):
* November 9th: Bedford (14), Blacksburg (2), Falls Church (2)
* November 10th: Falls Church (2)
* November 16th: Chesterfield (6), York County (6), Abingdon (8), Martinsville (1)
* November 17th: Richmond (10)
Thanks and we’re looking forward to seeing the 488 teams at the regional tournaments in November! Your tournament directors are hard at work planning and should be reaching out to you by 10/26 to say hello (they may not email earlier because I won’t send out the list of teams to the tournaments until the 21st in case we do have any changes).
VA-DC FLL Regional Tournament Coordinator
To UNSUBSCRIBE or CHANGE your settings, please visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-l.html and select "Join or leave the list".
VADCFLL administrative announcements are sent via VADCFLL-ANNOUNCEMENTS-L. Visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-announcements-l.html to subscribe.