Q: When does a Team lose the precision points?
A: The Referee removes a Precision Token from the field when the Team Interrupts the Robot and the Robot is not completely in Home.
The Team may continue to handle the Robot until the next Launch without worrying.  (The Team can't Interrupt the Robot until there's another Launch.)

Rule 27 (also see RG07): INTERRUPTION PROCEDURE – If you Interrupt the Robot, stop it instantly, then calmly pick it up for the next Launch.
Where was the Robot Interrupted?  Not Completely in Home: Lose a Precision Token.

Rule 09:  INTERRUPTION – The next time you interact with the Robot after Launch.
Steve Scherr
Virginia-DC FLL Referee Advisor