Our team is putting the bulidings together in the launch area by hand and using their robot to push the assembled parts to a nearby circle.

The team is hoping that counts because that is how tgehy have interpreted the mission.

Greenbrier Panthers 9021oh!

------ Original message------
From: Jeannine Robertazzi
Date: Wed, Oct 30, 2019 10:16 AM
To: [log in to unmask];
Subject:[VADCFLL-L] Missions 11-13

External Email Advisory
This message originated outside the Chesapeake Public Schools network.
Use caution when opening attachments, clicking links, and/or responding to requests for information.

Hello -
  I am a rookie coach with a team in central Virginia. Our team is looking to program something to try for Missions 11,12,13 and I have been hesitant as I still do not feel I understand the parameters. The rule book is very clear on where structures need to end up for points, but I am completely lost on where they need to be during launch and/or inspection.

  I think if I understood the purpose of "inspection" then maybe this will all make sense.
  1- So that is my first question - what is the purpose of the initial inspection and what needs to be in the "small inspection area" during this time. The robot, all attachments and only building blocks the team plans to use? Or *all* building blocks that could be used? Do the building units and upgrades have to be arranged in the form that the team will be using them during missions?

  2- Can my team manually stack a building unit (or 2), their bag 10 "innovative architecture" element and a sustainability upgrade and then move it manually into the "launch" area for the robot to them move to any circle? If this is their plan, must those elements be pre-stacked during the "inspection period"? Does the robot need to "fetch" the pre-built structure from the inspection area?

  I apologize for the denseness of these questions, but I wish there was more detailed guidance on these missions and this mat layout.

    Thanks in advance for any insight, Jeannine (Wrecking Balls of Charlottesville)

******** Confidentiality Statement: This electronic message and attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain confidential or privileged information. Receipt of this transmission by any person other than the intended recipient does not constitute permission to examine, copy, or distribute the accompanying material. If you received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender of the message. All email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the Commonwealth of Virginia's Records Retention Laws, which may result in monitoring and disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement. ********