Probably included in your “engineering notebook” but I would explicitly mention that it’s useful to have some kind of diagram of your software design for the judging discussion.  I’ve been away from coaching for a while but the Lego software used to let us make printouts so the team could explain the software flow – I think my team did a 3-ring binder of the printouts for the different software routines.

It would be useful to share what other elements constitute a good “engineering notebook”, e.g. something that documents the process the team went through to iteratively design and refine their solution.  Something that documents learning through trial and error and innovative problem solving.

Not sure what “Robot design conversion guide” is – did you mean “conversation”?

From: First Lego League in Virginia and DC <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Leyla Nazhand-Ali
Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2019 11:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [VADCFLL-L] What to bring Where

Hi,

As a rookie coach, I like to make sure that I take the right things to the right judging sessions, etc. I have created the below tables for this purpose. I will appreciate it if the community can leave comments about it. Do you take anything with you that is not listed here?

Thanks,

Leyla

Registration table

Required

Optional

Consent forms

Team info sheet

Core value judging

Required

Optional

*	Team info sheet

*  Core values poster

Innovation project judging

Required

Optional

*	Team info sheet
*	Innovation poster

*	Prototype or other supporting material

Robot design judging

Required

Optional

*	Team info sheet