Teams are allowed to divide tasks among their Technicians any way they like.
Rule 20:

Only two Technicians are allowed at the competition Field at once, but

technicians can switch out at any time.

For what it's worth (no points!), I enjoy watching teams that have members swapping in and out as Technicians.  Of course, I also appreciate the skills shown by dedicated robot operators.

Steve Scherr
Virginia-DC FLL Referee Advisor