Good Afternoon FIRST LEGO League Teams,

Congratulations again to those who placed at our Championship Event in December and those who are advancing to the next level!  If you are interested, you will find the teams who won awards on our website HERE<https://va-dcfll.org/2019-vadc-state-tournament/>.

Just a reminder, the season is not yet over!  Do not forget about the Global Innovation Awards!

Your team could have the chance to win up to $20,000 to prototype their innovative solution from the 2019 CITY SHAPER season. The Global Innovation Awards was designed to encourage and assist teams to further develop their innovative solutions to real-world problems.  This year will mark the 10th year anniversary of the award and is being sponsored by Disney!

If your team is interested in participating in this competition please follow the instructions HERE<https://va-dcfll.org/2019-first-lego-league-global-innovation-award/> and submit a video by February 15th, 2019.  The videos will be evaluated by a panel of regional judges and we will announce the winner on March 2nd, 2020.  The winning team, along with the two teams that qualified at state championship will go on to submit their work to FIRST.  The semifinalists selected by FIRST will then compete in June, 2020 at Disney World in Orlando, FL.

We look forward to seeing the awesome solutions your teams have discovered!

Thank you,

Kaitlin Ilnitzki
Assistant Director VA-DC FIRST LEGO League &
FIRST LEGO League Jr.
(540) 568-2216
800 South Main St. MSC 0305
Harrisonburg, VA 22807