Are you Energized for the 2022/23 FLL Challenge Superpowered Season!?

We are so excited to get this season going.   Welcome back to all returning teams and welcome to all new teams!  If your team has already registered with FIRST, you should have received an email today that looks similar to this, but we didn’t want anyone to miss out on this important information.

  1.  We will be returning to all in-person events this season!  The event schedule will be posted on our Tournament Schedule<https://va-dcfll.org/fll-challenge/team-resources/tournament-schedule/> page at the beginning of September.  All regional qualifying tournaments are in November and the Regional Championship will be December 10th and 11th.
  2.  Coach Chats:  Join us every other Wednesday until events begin in November  as we give you all the updates on the Superpowered season, provide team resources, and answer all of your questions.  Our first Coach Chat is TOMORROW, 8/24 AT 7PM and the focused topic will be Season Updates including the new Dual Launch piece of the Robot Game!  Each call will cover a few important topics but most of the time will be reserved for coaches to ask questions and share resources. These calls are recorded and posted to our site if you cannot attend! !  Check out topics, dates and register<https://va-dcfll.org/fll-challenge/team-resources/#coach-chat>

  1.  Looking for Team Members?   We have been contacted by several families (especially in the Northern Virginia and Richmond areas) who are looking to join a team.  They want to get involved but just need a community connection.  If you are recruiting new team members, please complete this quick form:  https://forms.gle/Rqy8RmzGoSi56gTD6  Please note:  We will not release your contact information until we have gotten your explicit permission to do so!

  1.  Find helpful season resources on our Team Resources page: https://va-dcfll.org/fll-challenge/team-resources/

If you have not registered your team or need a reminder on how to register for a regional tournament, here are some important steps

1. Register with FIRST (team name, national FLL team number, coach contact info, etc.).  FLL team MUST be registered with FIRST for the 2022 Superpowered season before registering with the VA-DC FLL Region.  FIRST will issue the FLL team number. To register with FIRST, go to: https://my.firstinspires.org/AccountManager/Account/Register

2. Enter team member information in the VA-DC FLL team info (team member name, date of birth, etc.). Date of birth determines the team’s VA-DC FLL division – please be accurate and complete:  https://teammanager.va-dcfll.org/

3. Pay the $150 VA-DC FLL Regional Registration Fee (due by 10/10/2022).  Make sure to use your FLL National Registration number.  Options<https://va-dcfll.org/fll-challenge/team-resources/tournament-payment/> for payment include:

a. Credit card online payment:   (select the $150 Regional Registration option)  https://jmu.irisregistration.com/Form/LLEF2023

b. Pay by check: Send a check for $150.  Please make the check out to James Madison University.   Be sure to include your team number on the check so that it can be correctly credited.  Multiple payments may be included in the same check, but each team numbers must be indicated. Mailing address for checks:

VA-DC FLL

James Madison University

800 S. Main, MSC 3516

Harrisonburg, VA 22807

c. Pay by purchase order: Purchase orders are acceptable from any VA or DC school system. Send your purchase order to the address below. Be sure to include your team number on the PO so that it can be correctly credited. Multiple payments may be included in the same PO, but each team numbers must be indicated. Mailing address for P.O. payments or they can be emailed to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>:

VA-DC FLL

Lakeview Hall

800 S. Main, MSC 0305

Harrisonburg, VA 22807

4. Regional Qualifying Tournament Preference Selection (pick 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th choice).This final step (selection of tournaments) will not be available until October 1st.

Assignments are based on a first-come, first-serve basis based on tournament selection so starting registration now will not guarantee your preference but does  give you ample time to collect team member information ahead of time.

You will be able to come back and make updates/changes as needed until the end of the registration period on October 10th.  We will send out reminders when  we get close to the opening of the regional tournament selection portion.

Tournament Assignments will be posted on the VA-DC FLL website as well as in your Team Manager<https://teammanager.va-dcfll.org/> account by October 15th, 2022

Please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  for any assistance.  Thank you and we are looking forward to another fun-filled and successful season!

Kaitlin Ilnitzki
Assistant Director

[signature_2445613215]

(540) 568-2216