*** Apologies if you are receiving this a second time, we just want to make sure everyone has the correct information.  Thank you ***

Hello FLL Challenge Teams!

Our Virginia-DC Tournament Preference Selection will open up this Saturday, October 1st at 10am.  If your team does not plan to compete in our regional qualifying tournament season in November, please let me know directly.  If your team does plan to compete,  here is what you need to know…

We have had a few changes in events (both deletions and additions), please consult our calendar for dates and locations:  https://va-dcfll.org/calendar/ (be sure to switch the view to NOVEMBER)

Before your team can submit their Tournament Preferences…

·         The team needs to be created in our regional Team Manager Account https://teammanager.va-dcfll.org/

·         Teams must use their official Team Number (It cannot be a temporary team number)

·         At least two team members (and their data) need to be entered into the system *Teams will not be able to select their tournament preferences until at least two team members have been assigned to the team* All team members need to be added into the system as soon possible.  Accurate and up-to-date information will allow us to make tournament assignments quicker, once selection closes.

·         This can be done before October 1st

When selecting Tournament Preferences…

·         In the Team Manager Account<https://teammanager.va-dcfll.org/>, starting on October 1st at 10am, teams need to pick their top four choices (Found in the Actions column).  Yes, teams have to pick 4.

·         Assignments are based on a first come, first serve basis.

·         Tournament Preference Selection will close on Monday, October 10th at 11:59pm

By Monday, October 10th

·         All team members need to be entered into the system

·         Tournament Preferences need to be entered

·         Teams need to have submitted the $150 event fee

o   Payment options:  https://va-dcfll.org/fll-challenge/team-resources/tournament-payment/

o   If paying online, please allow for up to 24 hours for that payment to be reflected in the Team Manager Account.  It will not impact your team’s ability to select their tournament preferences.

Teams will not be able to make changes to the system after October 10th at 11:59 PM.  By October 15th, tournament assignments will be posted on our website at https://va-dcfll.org/2022-tournament-assignments/ and in the Team Manager Account.

We hope to see everyone at an event!  Thank you for all you do for your teams.  You are a true STEM hero!!

Kaitlin Ilnitzki
Assistant Director

[signature_3614597881]

(540) 568-2216