Hi Marcella...
It's nice to hear that your team had so much fun making a video of their project! Here's a few thoughts to consider:

1. If your team really liked making a video to share the work they've done on their project, perhaps they could still make one and share it with people they think would be interested in their project. This would be a great way to get feedback on their ideas and the work they've done. Maybe put it on YouTube and then ask for feedback. I'm sure they got so much learning out of figuring out what to put in the video...how to communicate their ideas...and then put it all together in a edited video. Sounds like a great learning experience. In fact, if your kids do end up making a video, Triple Helix, FRC team in Newport News, would be happy to review it prior to the competition and offer feedback.

2. As far as judging, I'd say no. I've seen teams try to do their presentation this way, but I think it maybe misses the mark a bit. First, the judges really...really and truly...are more interested in the kids and the work they've done, then the project itself. And since they can now talk to the judges in person...they should take full advantage of this! This is an opportunity to share everything they've done, everything they've learned, and have a lot of fun doing it.

Everything doesn't have to be perfect. The judges are there for them...and they love seeing all the work the kids have done. They should learn all they can this season..have fun sharing their work...and leave feeling really good about everything they've done. (In our first year, in the middle of our skit...when it came time for my son's line, he was starring off into space thinking about who knows what - for like 30 seconds! Haha!)  As Skip said in a previous email...the whole judging process seems like a bit of a mystery sometimes. What exactly are the judges looking for? Most of the time it just seems like the answer is...who knows?! But, honestly, that is not it...the judges just love hearing the kids projects.

Again, if any team wants to share their presentation live streamed or by video and talk about it afterwards, we'd be happy to do that as well. And as usual...if any local teams want to come and give their presentation live, in the TH shop, you're all more than welcome.

Good Luck!
Amy Nichols