Teams,

We have had a couple of teams asking if we can post the top scores from the events that have already occurred.  We know that teams enjoyed being able to see the results from the other events over the last two years (while we were using FLLTournament).  In that format the information posted gave a complete picture of the event, including the range of all the scores for each event as well as which teams won awards.

We discussed this and have decided that we are going to hold off on posting the top scores at this time.

This season we are not using FLLTournament and do not have the data all in one ready to go place.  We're hesitant to post just the top scores because it is only a small portion of the story for the event and may actually be discouraging to teams that are unable to achieve those scores, especially if they can't see the full range of scores from events.  In reality the scores at any given event vary from team to team and can even vary significantly from one event to another.  Additionally the robot game score is only 25% of a team's total score (with the other 75% coming from the three judging areas).  We feel that in order for teams to get the correct context we would need to post all scores and awards.  While we have that information, we also have 9 events this coming weekend and are scrambling to get everything ready for those.

We absolutely will post the list of all the teams winning awards (including the robot performance awards) once the events are done and we have the full list.  We hope that you all understand our reasoning here and that we want to make sure no team feels like they won't be able to participate fully because their robot scores might not be as high as the highest ones in the state.  We've enjoyed watching 7 tournaments of teams earn their best scores and are looking forward to seeing 9 more tournaments of teams this weekend!

Thank you!

VA-DC FIRST LEGO League Regional Planning Team

Kaitlin Ilnitzki

Assistant Director

signature_336635656

(540) 568-2216