Rule 5 on Page 17 says:
"Teams can use any software or programming language. Robots must be autonomous during the match. No remote controllers of any type are allowed."

Use whatever your team wants!

Skip

On Fri, Aug 4, 2023 at 8:59 AM Leslie B. Harper <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Can teams use either the coding blocks or Python for coding the robot?

Sincerely,

Leslie Harper

Instructional Technology Coach

Alvey Elementary

From: First Lego League in Virginia and DC <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Skip Morrow
Sent: Thursday, August 3, 2023 10:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [External] Re: [VADCFLL-L] FLL - Challenge - Season Materials

EXTERNAL EMAIL: This email originated from outside of PWCS. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content.

Rob,

Regarding the mission models, I have this to offer (and I am not a referee, so I could be way off here)

LIGHT SHOW: The tan "lock pin" really doesn't have anything to do with the competitive operation of the mission. It is there to keep the white liftarm and the gray axle in the same relative positions and that's it. If the gray axle were to get on the "outside" of the liftarm, the ratchet wouldn't work and the elevator would come back down. It's really just there to keep those two pieces aligned. Nothing more.

CAMERA: That seems a little strange to me that the bumper is facing the apparent wrong way. It's definitely assembled correctly as per the directions, but yeah, that's weird. I wouldn't be surprised if an update came out to tell us to swap that piece around. If not, I would be happier because I do agree that the mission is actually easier the way it is right now. I just hope the update happens soon if it happens at all. For the record, I am NOT campaigning that they swap it around. It just looks like a mistake.

Anyway, in both cases I'd say your spidey sense it right on! My models seem exactly the same as yours, and more importantly, they seem to match the build instructions.

Skip