Hi,
Can I get clarity on this age question/response? Based on what’s posted on
the website, it looks like it’s now grade based not age based, so I want to
make sure I understand correctly. As it reads now, I think a 15 year old
can compete in FLL challenge on a division 2 team if in grade 8, but if a
13 year old is accelerated and in 9th grade they have to move to ftc or
frc, is that right?
Per site (
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://va-dcfll.org/fll-c/teams/div-system/__;!!N6YHze6lT7thMl0!MtnoVRUYOmCG5rjiGWNs2j2gfpGUpySrk2pxaJE45jRfhI_zRu3QJgDWvlJE47kimqbyCcJI9lD_lfO8lHXGpOEDBA$ )

“ The criteria for age divisions in VA+DC *FIRST*® LEGO® League was updated
during the 2023-2024 season. Now, the criteria is primarily grade-based.

   - If all students are Grade 5 and under: Division 1
   - If any student is Grade 6 or over: Division 2”

--

*Bryanne Peterson, Ph.D.*
*Broader Impacts, STEM Education, and CTE Scholar*