The age/grade delineations are new for the 2023 season. There is a caveat that you can change the Division I/II designation, for example, if your age was still 10yo on Jan 1, 2023, even if you are enrolled in 6th grade this fall.

But, as has been mentioned, the NOT 15 on Jan 1, 2023 is still a hard cut-off for FLL Challenge eligibility. And it’s always been FIRST SOP to have a hard upper age-limit, but a soft lower age-limit.

My daughter, for example, could compete Division I under the new rules as a 6th grader who was 10 until May 2023. Since we want a team of 5th-7th graders, though, we’ll go ahead and compete Division II.

Sent from my iPhone