Hello FLL Community

I apologize to those Coaches who are receiving this email twice, but we wanted to make sure our entire community received this important update!  If you have any questions, please email us directly at [log in to unmask] instead of replying to this email.

We have an exciting update regarding our FLL Challenge Masterpiece season.  Below is the announced tournament dates/ locations.  Please be sure to read over the process involved for registering for a tournament here:  https://va-dcfll.org/fll-c/teams/event-registration/ Tournament Preference Selection will open on October 1st at 10am and tournament assignments are based on a first come, first serve basis.  Teams are able to attend one regional qualifying tournament.

Week 1 Qualifying Tournaments:

11/4 – Newport News Qualifier (Crittenden Middle School)

11/4 – Harrisonburg Qualifier (JMU – Memorial Hall)

11/4 – Salem Qualifier (Salem High School)

11/5 – Fairfax Qualifier (Chantilly High School)

Week 2 Qualifying Tournaments:

11/11 – Martinsville Qualifier (Martinsville Middle School)

11/11 – Charlottesville Qualifier (St. Anne’s-Belfield School)

11/11 – Alexandria 1 Qualifier (Hayfield Secondary School)

11/12 – Alexandria 2 Qualifier (Hayfield Secondary School)

11/12 – Richmond Qualifier (Maggie Walker Governor’s School)

11/12 – Ashburn Qualifier (Location TBA)

Week 3 Qualifying Tournaments:

11/18 – Abingdon Qualifier (Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center)

11/18 – Blacksburg Qualifier (Blacksburg Middle School)

11/18 – Glen Allen Qualifier (Deep Run High School)

11/18 – Henrico Qualifier (Godwin High School)

11/18 – Washington, D.C. Qualifier (Location TBA)

11/18 – Norfolk Qualifier (Location TBA)

11/18 – Manassas 1 Qualifier (Osbourn Park High School)

11/19 – Manassas 2 Qualifier (Osbourn Park High School)

Additionally, tonight we are hosting our bi-weekly FLL Challenge Coaches Chat.  We will focus the first 30 minutes on a Masterpiece Robot Game Deep Dive and then our Regional Planning Team will be on the call for the second 30 minutes to answer any questions you have.  If you cannot attend, the call will be recorded and posted to the site.

For Registration and Previous Recorded Calls, check this out:  https://va-dcfll.org/fll-c/teams/#coach-chat

Excited for another great season!  Please let us know if you have any questions!

Kaitlin Ilnitzki

Program Director

signature_1239166038

(540) 568-2216