Good evening Sarah.

Page 5 of the rule book describes what is launch and what is home

Page 19 rule 4 states that the robot and anything that is about to move must fit completely inside the launch area.

An answer of your question the robot and all attachments and all mission models that is about to move must fit inside the launch area.

Michael Brown
Referee advisor
VA-DC FLL

---- On Mon,30 Oct 2023 01:59:32 -0400 [log in to unmask] wrote ----

Can I double check one thing...we have an attachment on our bot that when we set it up to launch it is slightly outside of the home area. I am guessing this will not be allowed? In otherwords when we launch a robot the bot plus all attachments/experts/audience member must fit within the home area PRIOR to launch.

Thanks!
Sarah