Hi John...

The first two minutes are for the team. They can use that to set-up, introduce themselves, or talk about anything that they think will highlight their work for the season - outside of the project or robot design. They should strategize on how best to use that time.

Your time is going to start when your team walks in the room:

2 minutes - introductions, set-up, etc
5 minutes - project presentation
5 minutes - project questions
5 minutes - robot design presentation
5 minutes - robot design questions
3 minutes - Core Values questions
5 minutes - feedback

Generally, when the two minutes were up, we said something like - We'd love to hear about the work you've been doing with your project. And when that 10 min was up, we said something like - Let's move on to Robot Design.

You can fit a lot...and not very much...into two minutes. The judges don't know anything about the team's season or the work they did. So it's good for the kids to think through the work they want to highlight and have a plan going into the judging room. Have the kids look through all three rubrics and make sure they have it all covered in what they want to focus on talking about. That two minutes can be used to talk about some things that might not be covered in the course of talking about the project or the robot. And then have them practice it all to make sure it stays within the time limits above.

Just my two cents.

Good Luck!
Amy