Thank you Cressida!

Cressida J Heyes <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Re: [FEAST] Philosophy on Gender Sexuality and Health?     Dear Lisa:

 This is not quite what your colleague wants, but it’s related. Plus, I have been meaning to thank all those who recently replied to my request for references for a colleague in India teaching a course on Women and Health. Here is what I received in response to that request, with apologies for anything I may have omitted in the rush and many thanks to those who replied:

 “Theoretical” Readings on Women’s Health/Gender and Health

 Joan Callahan, ed. Reproduction, Ethics, and the Law: Feminist Perspectives. Indiana University Press, 1995.
 Adele E. Clarke and Virginia L. Olesen. Revisioning Women, Health, and Healing: Feminist, Cultural, and Technoscience Perspectives. Routledge, 1999.
 The Feminist Health Care Ethics Research Network. The Politics of Women's Health: Exploring Agency and Autonomy. Temple University Press, 1998.
 Emily Martin, “The Egg and the Sperm:  How Science Has Constructed A Romance Based on Stereotypical Male-Female Roles” in Feminism and Science, ed. Evelyn Fox Keller and Helen E. Longino. Oxford University Press, 1996.
 Martha Nussbaum, Women and Human Development: The Capabilities Approach. Cambridge University Press, 2001. Rosamond Rhodes, Margaret Battin and Anita Silvers, ed. Medicine and Social Justice: Essays on the  Distribution of Healthcare. Oxford University Press, 2002.
 Susan Sherwin, No Longer Patient: Feminist Ethics and Health Care. Temple University Press, 1992.
 Rosemarie Tong, Anne Donchin, and Susan Dodds, ed. Linking Visions: Feminist Bioethics, Human Rights, and the Developing World. Rowman & Littlefield, 2004.

 Websites:

 http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/feminist-bioethics/
 http://courses.ncsu.edu/wgs493c/lec/601/index.html

 Cressida Heyes

 --
 Dr. Cressida J. Heyes

 http://www.cressidaheyes.com

 Canada Research Chair in Philosophy of Gender and Sexuality
 Department of Philosophy
 Humanities Centre 4-85
 University of Alberta
 Edmonton, Alberta
 CANADA T6G 2E5

 Tel: 780 492 9031 (direct line) or 3307 (main office)
 NB: Mountain Time is North American EST –2 hours or GMT –7 hours or Australian EST –18 hours
 Fax: 780 492 9160