E-Mail This
The New York Times E-mail This
This page was sent to you by:  [log in to unmask]

Message from sender:
Interesting reading. I didn't think that you were not allowed in the mosque because you wore a suit or tie, but Pakistan is large country and all sorts of stuff goes on. I hope you find this an interesting reading.

INTERNATIONAL / ASIA PACIFIC   | May 4, 2008
Turkish Schools Offer Pakistan a Gentler Vision of Islam
By SABRINA TAVERNISE
Turkish educators are offering an alternative approach to religious schools that could reduce extremists’ influence.

Most E-mailed
1. Exercise Your Brain, or Else You’ll ... Uh ...
2. Op-Ed Columnist: Who Will Tell the People?
3. Op-Ed Columnist: The All-White Elephant in the Room
4. In the Garden: Moss Makes a Lush, No-Care Lawn
5. Op-Ed Columnist: Overkill and Short Shrift

»  Go to Complete List

YOUNG @ HEART A hit at this year's Sundance Film Festival, this film tells the story of the inspiring individuals of a senior citizens chorus that has delighted audiences worldwide. Now Playing In Select Theatres
Click here to watch trailer