I'm posting this announcement to the list on behalf of George Boger,
chair of the philosophy department at Canisius College in upstate New
York. He is particularly looking for members of underrepresented
groups in philosophy, and I must say was very diligent and committed
in a search earlier this year, which resulted in the hire of Devonya
Havis. Here is the new position:

The Department of Philosophy is searching for someone to teach
Environmental Philosophy/Ethics and/or Social & Political Philosophy
with ability to teach Philosophy of Human Rights and/or Catholic
Social Thought.  There is flexibility within these areas.  We are
looking for a one year position for 2008-2009 that will become a
tenure track line beginning 2009-2010 for which the person filling the
position this year would be considered.

If you are interested or know someone who might be, please contact
George Boger at [log in to unmask]

Anna Stubblefield
Chair, Department of Philosophy
Rutgers University-Newark