Maureen:

It's not scholarly, but should make an excellent case study for analysis and
discussion: a segment of NPR's This American Life on polygamy.

EPISODE 99: I enjoy Being a Girl, Sort Of

Act Four. Taking Sisterhood One Step Further.

Ira with Elizabeth Joseph who is in a polygamous marriage with eight wives
and one husband. She says polygamy is the ultimate feminist lifestyle. Ms.
Joseph and her sister-wives are all modern working women. (10 minutes).

Hope that helps.  I've been looking for an opportunity to use it in teaching
ever since I heard it on the radio 8 or 9 years ago and am pleased as punch
to share it.

Best,

  Alison Reiheld