Congratulations to Hilde on steering Hypatia with such integrity, aplomb,
and flair!

            Regarding the first FEAST special issue of Hypatia, please,
please submit your work - the deadline is Sept. 1 (the CFP is pasted below).
But please do not submit it to me.  Send submissions to the main Hypatia
office -- [log in to unmask] -- and send an email to me to let me know
that you have submitted -- [log in to unmask]  Thanks, and I look
forward to reading your work.

Diana

For a Special Issue of Hypatia: A Journal of Feminist Philosophy

FEAST: Current Work in Feminist Ethics and Social Theory

Edited by Diana Tietjens Meyers

This call is for the first of two FEAST special issues to be hosted by
Hypatia.  This issue will appear in January-March 2010.

This is an open issue, and all FEAST members are invited to submit their
work.  At the 2007 conference, we had a wonderful array of theoretical and
applied papers.  Conference themes included the following:

$                   virtue ethics

$                   care ethics

$                   responsibility

$                   violence and bigotry

$                   testimony and story-telling

$                   justice and ethics in interpersonal relationships

$                   international justice and human rights

$                   terrorism and national security

$                   stem cell research

$                   sex, gender, power, and solidarity

$                   Beauvoir and Arendt

Throughout the conference and in diverse ways, speakers underscored the
relations between theory and social processes and between power, experience,
and moral philosophy.  I would like this special issue to mirror the scope,
as well as the depth, of what FEAST members are contributing to philosophy.
The themes I have listed illustrate the range of conference papers.
Submissions on other topics in feminist ethics and social thought are
welcome.

Diana Tietjens Meyers

Professor of Philosophy

University of Connecticut