Something we can do:

A letter from Jane Brody, NY Times:

________________________________

> Dear Friends: Below is a missive of great import to the future of our

country. I do hope you'll read it thru to the end and follow thru.

Ourselves, our children and our grandchildren will pay the price if this

election should turn out wrong.

 Thanks, Jane Brody Engquist

>  <  On behalf of my brilliant colleagues Lyra Kilston and Quinn Latimer,

editors at the esteemed art magazine Modern Painters, I pass on the

following--

> Friends, compatriots, fellow-lamenters,

> We are writing to you because of the fury and dread we have felt since the

announcement of Sarah Palin as the Vice-Presidential candidate for the

Republican Party. We believe that this terrible decision has surpassed mere

partisanship, and that it is a dangerous farceon the part of a pandering and

rudderless Presidential candidatethat has a real possibility of becoming

fact.

> Perhaps like us, as American women, you share the fear of what Ms. Palin

and her professed beliefs and proven record could lead to for ourselves and

for our present or future daughters. To date, she is against sex education,

birth control, the pro-choice platform, environmental protection,

alternative energy development, freedom of speech (as mayor she wanted to

ban books and attempted to fire the librarian who stood against her), gun

control, the separation of church and state, and polar bears. To say nothing

of her complete lack of real preparation to become the second-most-powerful

person on the planet.

> We want to clarify that we are not against Sarah Palin as a woman, a

mother, or, for that matter, a parent of a pregnant teenager, but solely as

a rash, incompetent, and all together devastating choice for Vice President.

Ms. Palin's political views are in every way a slap in the face to the

accomplishments that our mothers and grandmothers and great-grandmothers so

fiercely fought for, and that we've so demonstrably benefited from.

> First and foremost, Ms. Palin does not represent us. She does not

demonstrate or uphold our interests as American women. It is presumed that

the inclusion of a woman on the Republican ticket could win over women

voters. We want to disagree, publicly.

> Therefore, we invite you to reply here  ...womensaynopalin@gmailcom

...with a short, succinct message about why you, as a woman living in this

country, do not support this candidate as second-in-command for our nation.

> Please include your name (last initial is fine), age, and place of

residence.

> We will post your responses on a blog called 'Women Against Sarah Palin,'

which we intend to publicize as widely as possible. Please send us your

reply at your earliest conveniencethe greater the volume of responses we

receive, the stronger our message will be.

> Thank you for your time and action.

> VIVA!

> Sincerely,

> Quinn Latimer and Lyra Kilston

> New York, NY

> **PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY! If you send this to 20 women in the next hour,

you could be blessed with a country that takes your concerns seriously.

Stranger things have happened.

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.