From: Kirk McDermid [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 10:23 AM
To: Chaone Mallory
Subject: Tenure track opportunity, AOS Philosophy of art

Dr. Mallory,

I am writing to you in your capacity as Chair of the Diversity Committee of FEAST, in order to publicize and solicit interest in a tenure-track job opportunity in the Department of Philosophy & Religion at Montclair State University in northern New Jersey.  We are looking for applicants to have specialization in the philosophy of art, with an emphasis on film, new media or contemporary culture.  (The official advertisement is attached, but you may also view it at tinyurl.com/phil-job-ad, or in the APA’s latest Jobs for Philosophers.)  As part of our efforts to increase the diversity of our faculty, I am directly appealing to organizations like FEAST who may know of qualified candidates who might otherwise not become aware of this opportunity.  The applicant pool for this job is expected to be relatively small due to the specialization, and we are searching for applicants with unique contributions to offer the faculty and student body.  Montclair State University is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and we take the responsibilities and opportunities of cultivating a diverse faculty seriously.

Please pass on this information to your membership, and any persons you know who may be able to reach other underserved groups.  Potential applicants are encouraged to contact me directly for more information at [log in to unmask].

For the Department and the Search Committee,
Dr. Kirk McDermid, Search Committee Chair