As a Canadian I have followed this discussion with fascination.  Marilyn observes that kids have no other way to have health insurance than via their parents' employer.  On the contrary, if there is universal public health care, all kids (and adults) are automatically entitled to health care regardless of their caregiver situation.  I imagine many of you (and most likely Marilyn as well) share my hope that Barack Obama will be successful in his plan to create health care for all U.S. Americans.  Best, Lynda

Lynda Lange
University of Toronto at Scarborough
Department of Humanities (Philosophy)
1265 Military Trail