CUB is a very significant organization for birthparents and has been going for ages.  It is also a source of political activism about adoption/birthfamilies.
http://www.cubirthparents.org/
And there are many other women who have spoken out about the experience of making an adoption plan for their child.

I'd like to also note that the experiences of all members of the adoption triad are mostly invisible to philosophers and, amazingly, even feminists.  But birthparents do have it the worst, in my opinion, especially birthmothers.
best, Sally

Sally Haslanger
Professor of Philosophy
Massachusetts Institute of Technology