Hi All – I’m serving on this search committee, and I am wondering if any of you might be interested in this remarkably attractive position.  I took up an endowed chair at Loyola in Fall 2008, and I can assure you that I’ve been very happy in my new position.  If you might be interested or if you know of someone who would be, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me – [log in to unmask] is the best address to use.  All best, Diana

FARRELL CHAIR

The Ann Ida Gannon Center for Women and Leadership at Loyola University Chicago (http://www.luc.edu/gannon/) invites nominations and applications for an endowed chair, the Carolyn Farrell, BVM, Professorship in Women and Leadership, to begin Fall 2009.  Candidates must be senior scholars with a distinguished history of publications in women’s studies or related fields.  Candidates will be considered from all fields, although candidates with a particular emphasis on women and leadership, broadly defined, will be especially attractive.  Final appointment will be in the department of the scholar’s discipline.

The Gannon Center, located on Loyola's attractive Lake Shore Campus, houses the Women and Leadership Archives and promotes excellence in research and teaching across departments and colleges of the University.  The Center collaborates with and supports the work of the Women’s Studies and Gender Studies program, an interdisciplinary program that offers a major, a minor, and a Masters degree.  The successful candidate would actively promote a research agenda for the Center and teach upper-level courses in the Women’s Studies and Gender Studies program.

Applicants should send a letter of interest, a current Curriculum Vitae, a list of references and a research and teaching statement to:

Professor Richard Matland, Committee Chair,
Gannon Center for Women and Leadership
Loyola University Chicago
6525 N. Sheridan Rd.
Chicago, IL, 60626.

In addition, applicants must file an on-line application, comprised of an expression of interest and a current CV, at www.careers.luc.edu .   Review of applications will begin March 6, 2009 and continue until the position is filled.

Loyola University Chicago, Chicago's Jesuit Catholic university, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer with a strong commitment to the diversification of its faculty. Applications from women and minority candidates are especially encouraged.

Diana Tietjens Meyers

Ignacio Ellacuría SJ Chair of Social Ethics and

Professor of Philosophy

Loyola University, Chicago

6525 N. Sheridan Road

Chicago IL 60626-5385