Please see CFP below.  (Note that the contact person is not me but my
colleague, Danielle Poe.  Thanks!)

The 2009 Concerned Philosophers for Peace Conference and University of
Dayton, Richard R. Baker Colloquium in Philosophy will be held at the
University of Dayton, November 6-8, 2009.  We are especially interested in
feminist philosophy and topics related to diversity.

The topic of the colloquium is ?Communities of Justice.? The focus of the
colloquium is on the opportunities and challenges of creating just
conditions in local communities. Our keynote speaker on November 7, 2009
will be Dr. Angela Davis. Possible paper topics include:

* What constitutes a just community?
* What obstacles do we face in creating Communities of Justice?
* How can obstacles be overcome in order to make a community more just?
* What is the relationship between local action and national or
international action?
* Who is oppressed and who are the oppressors?
* How should, and how do oppressed groups respond to each other?
* How should, and how do oppressed groups respond to their oppressor?
* How can we learn from the past, making use of what is valuable, without
being tainted by what is harmful?
* What aspects of race theory and feminist theory are supportive of, or
prevent creating Communities of Justice?

Anyone interested in presenting a paper should submit an abstract of no
more than 250 words by August 1, 2009 to [log in to unmask]

CPP website:
http://peacephilosophy.org/

Rebecca Whisnant
Associate Professor of Philosophy