I would usually outrightly delete such forwards and/or unsolicited emails but I couldn't stop but laugh at the fact that this email after more than 2 years is still in circulation. I first had received such a note in November of 2006 and then in February of 2007.

Back then I did some research on the net and called a few people out to find out the following facts which mitigate the issue, hope it helps:

- The building was black in its construction phase only and is in fact a see through transparent building after launch

- Its current name is Apple Store Fifth Avenue, New York and not Apple Mecca
- The apparent reason why it was called Apple Mecca during the construction phase is that it resembled to Khana Kaba in design during its construction phase when it was covered with black sheet type stuff. It was also called the Apple Mecca Project. Maybe it shouldn't have ..........

- It is not a just a bar. Apparently it seems to be a store of Apple; the company which are manufacturers of computers, phones, and other electronic devices now. It however contains as a part  of it, a bar called "Genius Bar"

- Some pictures of the store after inaugural can be seen below. The transparent cube is an artistic entrance to the store which is underground.
- More pictures of the store can be seen on the following link:

 http://www.apple.com/retail/fifthavenue/gallery/index.html

- Since muslims are already playing in the hands of the non-muslims who make muslims retaliate in a manner which in turn hurts muslims more, I believe we should forward this mail to all those to whom we have forwarded the earlier one to clarify the facts

I can only pray that we rise to the level of wisdom and patience that of our own ancestors and atleast can try to follow our prophet; the prophet who categorically forbade us from spreading rumors and unsubstantiated stories.

Thanks for understanding ....... my Allah bless you and grant you the wisdom and patience we as a nation so desperately need more than ever.