See below two postings for jobs at Southwestern University in Texas
that were forwarded to me with a request to send on to SWIP.

1) Southwestern University

Georgetown, TX
Assistant or Associate Professor, depending upon experience and
research record. Tenure-track, beginning Fall 2010.

AOS/AOC: Feminist Theory.  Candidates who can also teach courses in
race and/or queer theory will be given special consideration.  All
applicants should be able to contribute to a broad, historically
grounded program that includes a variety of critical lenses on the
philosophical tradition.  In particular, we are seeking candidates who
can actively take part in our sequence of upper-level courses in the
history of philosophy.   Six courses/year, undergraduate, including
introductory philosophy and ethics and upper-level history and topics
courses.  Usual non-teaching duties after first year.

Qualifications include Ph.D. prior to appointment.  The successful
candidate will demonstrate potential for interdisciplinary
collaboration, which may include contributions to one or more of the
university’s interdisciplinary degree programs (Feminist Studies,
Environmental Studies, Latin American Studies and International
Studies), and a research agenda that is commensurate with a liberal
arts educational program.  Evidence of excellence in undergraduate
teaching and commitment to providing a broad-based liberal arts
education are essential.  Candidates who can contribute to the
department's strong commitment to enhancing diversity and creating an
inclusive community are also preferred.

Southwestern University is a selective, undergraduate institution
committed to a broad-based liberal arts, sciences, and fine arts
education. Southwestern currently enrolls approximately 1,250 students
and maintains a student to faculty ratio of 11 to 1. In addition to a
number of other national organizations, Southwestern University is a
member of two consortia of liberal arts colleges, the Associated
Colleges of the South and the Annapolis Group. Located in Georgetown,
Texas, 28 miles north of downtown Austin, Southwestern is affiliated
with The United Methodist Church. Southwestern University is committed
to fostering a diverse educational environment and encourages
applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in
academia. For information concerning the University, visit our Web
site at www.southwestern.edu.

Send CV, three letters of reference, teaching statement, and a letter
of interest which explains the candidate’s understanding of the
liberal arts and the role of a philosophy department/course in a
liberal arts education to:  Corlee Bosch, Faculty Secretary –
Philosophy Search, P.O. Box 770, Georgetown TX  78627-0770.  We also
welcome syllabi for proposed courses in our areas of interest.

Deadline for applications is November 30, 2009.  Interviews at Eastern
Division meetings will be prearranged.

2) Southwestern University

Georgetown, TX
Assistant Professor, tenure-track, beginning Fall 2010.

AOS/AOC: Non-western philosophy, such as Latin American, African,
Asian, or Indigenous philosophies.  Candidates who can also teach
courses in race theory will be given special consideration.  All
applicants should be able to contribute to a broad, historically-
grounded program that includes a variety of critical lenses on the
philosophical tradition.  In particular, we are seeking candidates who
can actively take part in our sequence of courses in the history of