Dear Friends of Pakistan: Assalama Alekum:

I want to start by thanking all of you for making last Sunday's Pakistani
dinner a great success. The place was packed and we added several new
families to our list. Here is the list of new PAC official elected at the
dinner:

President:                    Muhammad Aslam Afridi

Vice President:           Riaz Malik

Secretary General:      Ehsan Ahmed

Finance Secretary:      Sheikh Rashid Altaf

Even Coordinator:      Hamid Munir

Executive Member:    Amir Mahmood

Executive Member:    Muhammad Shees Sheikh

Committee Members:

 I will be contacting you for a meeting to arrange for Eid ul Azha dinner
and future programs. We need some new and exciting ideas. There are now over
40 Pakistani families in the valley and we want not only to provide
opportunities for them to socialize but also promote the positive image of
Pakistan in the local communities.

Teaching Job Opportunity at the Eastern Mennonite University:

You met the Medley family at the dinner. Professor and Mrs. Medley are true
friends of Pakistan and Pakistani community here. Professor Medley informed
me about a potential teaching opportunity at the Eastern Mennonite
University. If you are interested in teaching Urdu at EMU and have a masters
degree (or equivalent), you can contact Prof. Medley (see contact
information below). The job is for the fall of 2010. He can explain job
requirements/qualifications and expectations to you. Please also let me know
about your interest.

R. Michael Medley, Ph.D.

Professor of English

Eastern Mennonite University

1200 Park Rd. Harrisonburg, VA 22802

Office: (540) 432-4051 Fax: (540) 432-4444

Email: [log in to unmask]

I hope all of will participate in forthcoming activities.