From: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 8:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ISNA Condemns Attacks on Fort Hood Soldiers & Expresses Condolences to the Victims & Their Families

About

Conferences

Services

News

Contact Us

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ISNA Condemns Attacks on Fort Hood Soldiers and Expresses Condolences to the Victims and Their Families

(Washington, DC – November 05, 2009) The Islamic Society of North America condemns in the strongest terms the attack on soldiers at Fort Hood, resulting in the murder of at least a dozen soldiers and the wounding of many others. We express our deepest condolences to the victims and their families.

Although many details of the shooting are unknown at this time, it appears that the attack was led by a career soldier, Major Nidal Malik Hasan. The soldier who led this attack was either mentally unstable, or was motivated by a perverted ideology for which there can be no justification.

ISNA is proud of the many Muslim men and women who serve loyally in the United States military.  We are grateful for the sacrifices made by all US soldiers, who represent the religious, racial and ethnic diversity of America, to defend the Constitution and our national security. ISNA, a faith endorser of US Muslim military chaplains, is proud of the service they provide, offering comfort and support to people of all faiths and beliefs. Just today, ISNA's chaplain endorser, Dr. Louay Safi, conducted a workshop at the US army base in Fort Bliss, Texas.

ISNA will be holding a press conference with national Muslim leaders to address this incident tomorrow morning.  Time and location will be announced later tonight.

For more information, please contact

  • Imam Mohamed Hagmagid Ali, Vice President of ISNA at 571.437.4734 or 571.437.9566
  • Louay Safi, ISNA's Director of Communications and Leadership Development and Chaplain Endorser at 317.679.6350

P.O. Box 38 Plainfield, IN 46168 | (571) 437-4734 | (571) 437-9566 | (317) 679-6350 | Fax (317) 839-1840