From:   "Callahan, Joan" <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]
Date:   12/18/2009 03:40 PM
Subject:        Announcing - Feminist Philosophers: In Their Own Words
Sent by:        Feminist ethics and social theory

http://rockethics.psu.edu/education/femphil/index.shtml

Dear Colleagues,

We are very pleased to announce the availability on DVD of the first five
digitally filmed interviews of many of the scholars who first brought
feminist perspectives to their work in philosophy.

For the past several years, Penn State's Nancy Tuana and I have been
conducting in-depth interviews with these women, capturing 6-8 hours of
film, which we are editing down to two-hour versions for classroom and
library use.

To date, we have interviewed over 20 scholars and we are very pleased to
be able to make the first five edited versions of the interviews
available.  Each DVD includes biographical background on each scholar, as
well as her discussions of her work.

Once the editing work is completed, the full interviews will be archived
at The Pennsylvania State University and University of Kentucky libraries.

The project has been supported by The American  Philosophical Association;
The Pennsylvania State University Rock Ethics Institute and College of the
Liberal Arts; The University of Kentucky Department of Gender and Women's
Studies, College of Arts and Sciences, and Office of the Vice President
for Research.

The Rock Ethics Institute of The Pennsylvania State University has
generously provided this project with a webpage for ordering:
http://rockethics.psu.edu/education/femphil/index.shtml .

DVDs now available for order are of

Sandra Bartky
Susan Bordo
Sandra Harding
Nel Noddings and
Sara Ruddick

More interviews will become available as we work through the editing and
duplication processes.

Please encourage your departments and libraries to acquire these DVDs.

ALL proceeds will go toward continuing the project.

With every good wish,

Joan

Joan Callahan
Professor, Philosophy