Rule 13 subpart says
You are limited as to how you may connect anything to a mission model. Gently flipping and/or shaking
one (the heavier if the two are different) must allow gravity to completely separate them. The ref does not
allow a start with an illegal connection. See Rule 20.
Rule 20 does not apply
20 - START POSITION
• For the match start and all restarts, EVERY BIT of the robot, including its installed attachments, everything touching it, and any objects it is about to move or use, must ALL fit COMPLETELY in Base.
• The ROBOT MAY be touching objects it is about to move or use.
• YOU may NOT be touching objects the robot is about to move or use.
• YOU may NOT be touching objects the robot is touching.
• Everything must be motionless.
• There must not be any illegal connections. See Rule 13.
5 - INTERPRETATION
• Robot game text means exactly and only what it says, so it should be taken literally whenever possible.
• Do not interpret text based on your assumption about intent, or on how a situation might be in “real life.”
• Example: If a mission is to “enter the house,” the window is just as valid an entry point as the door.
• If a detail isn’t mentioned, then it doesn’t matter.
• Example: If a mission is to “put the cup on the table,” upside down is just as valid as right side up.
• There are no hidden requirements or restrictions, but there are hidden freedoms, and you’re encouraged
to find them!
So by my read anything attached can be left with it but it has to meet rule 13 subpart for things attached to the mission. A shake has to be able to separate the parts.
Does this make sense?
On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Heather Houlden <[log in to unmask]>
On the Special Bone Repair:
When the bone bridge is inserted into the bone, do any attachments or rods,
used to place the bridge, have to be stay with the robot? Or can a small piece
that may have been used by the robot, remain with the bridge?
Not sure if this falls under the rule that prohibits pieces from being attached
to something, or not.
-- To UNSUBSCRIBE or CHANGE your settings, please visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-l.html and select "Join or leave the list".
-- VADCFLL administrative announcements are sent via VADCFLL-ADMIN-L. Visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-admin-l.html to subscribe.
To UNSUBSCRIBE or CHANGE your settings, please visit
https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-l.html and select "Join or leave the list".
VADCFLL administrative announcements are sent via VADCFLL-ADMIN-L. Visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-admin-l.html to subscribe.