The Centure for Research on Socio-Cultural Change at the University of Manchester is hosting a two day residential workshop, as part of the new UK cross-council research theme Connected Communities, on the theme of Time and Community in June this year. Both ‘time’ and ‘community’ are broadly understood and we are hoping to have participants from a range of disciplines discussing their approach.

We are very excited about the event, which is going to contribute to setting the agenda for the Connected Communities research theme, and will provide resources for future researchers.

The plan for the workshop is that it will be two days, about 40 people, single strand, with three-four longer papers to help orient the discussions and groups of shorter idea papers. We are aiming to allow as much time for discussion and collaboration as possible. Also we also are planning publication of papers. More details are available at http://www.temporalbelongings.org

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions etc and please pass on the details to anyone you think might be interested.

Best wishes,

Michelle

--
Michelle Bastian Ph.D.

Research Associate
ESRC Centre for Research on Socio-Cultural Change (CRESC) University of Manchester
178 Waterloo Place, Oxford Road
Manchester, M13 9PL

http://www.cresc.ac.uk/people/michelle-bastian
http://manchester.academia.edu/MichelleBastian