Memorial session for Sally Ruddick Dear FEASTers,

Yesterday a committee of Sally Ruddick’s close friends—Eva Kittay, Margaret Walker, Peggy DesAutels, Kate Norlock, and I--had a conference call to figure out what we might all do to commemorate Sally. We are hoping there will be memorials at many conferences this year, including all the SWIPS, FEAST, and all three APA divisions. The one for APA Eastern Division is now in train, and here’s what we propose for FEAST:

An informal session to honor Sally’s memory, in which anyone who wants to speak can offer reminiscences, talk about Sally’s importance to their own work, or just express their feelings of sorrow. There will also be a small reception. I will be the moderator. If you would like to speak, could you please email me—[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]—to let me know? I’m sure some of you will want to speak spontaneously, and that’s fine, but we thought if I had a list of volunteers, it would help to get the session going.

Best,
Hilde

Hilde Lindemann, Professor
Department of Philosophy