From: tim godshall [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2011 7:27 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Harrisonburg Bike to Work Day

Dear Islamic Center of the Shenandoah Valley,

I am helping to organize the second annual Bike to Work Day in Harrisonburg,
a day to celebrate the benefits of bicycle commuting and help people give it
a try. This year, Bike to Work Day will be held on Friday, May 20. We will
be provide breakfast for participants on the lawn of Court Square that
morning, as well as a commuting workshop leading up to the event and
individual assistance available for first-time bike commuters. For more
information on the day, visit our website:  <http://www.hburgbike2work.org/>
http://www.hburgbike2work.org/

I am contacting you to see if you would be willing to publicize this event
among your members in some way. Below you will find a brief sample text for
a bulletin/e-mail announcement. I have also attached a 1-page flier which
you are welcome to print out and post.

I hope that you will participate with us in making this a successful day to
promote individual and community health. Please feel free to contact me
either at this e-mail address, or by phone at 908-8194, if you have any
questions. I'd also appreciate hearing if you do choose to publicize this
event.

Thanks!

Tim Godshall

SAMPLE ANNOUNCEMENT (edit as you see fit)

Ever wanted to bike to work? Friday, May 20, is a great day to give it a try
as a participant in Harrisonburg's 2nd annual Bike to Work Day. To learn
more about the day or to sign up, visit  <http://www.hburgbike2work.org/>
www.hburgbike2work.org. Bike Commuting: Good for your health, your wallet,
and the planet!