From: Waliha Gani [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 1:11 AM
To: Ahmed, Ehsan - ahmedex
Subject: James Madison University's MSA Needs YOUR help for Islam Awareness Week

Professor Ahmed,
Please forward this email to the Harrisonburg Muslim Community. Thank You.
--------

ATTENTION Harrisonburg Muslim Community: YOUR HELP IS NEEDED.

The James Madison University's Muslim Student Association is having Islam Awareness Week, next week--from Monday, April 11 to Friday, April 15. This includes a series of different programs each day of the week, as outlined by the attached flyer.

We need YOUR help for the second day of this week: Taste of Islam.

This is a very important event for the JMU population and Harrisonburg community as well--so we'd appreciate any help we can get.

Just for presentation purposes, if you can please provide us with any kind of representation of Islam---prayer mats, hijabs, abayas, ANY cultural clothes--ANYTHING at all that represents Islam.

Also, we need help with FOOD--the following is just what we thought of-- if you have any other suggestions, please bring whatever is of your convenience.

o   Baklava

o   Samosas

o   Fatayer

o   Veemto

o   Pakoora

o   Grape Leaves

o   Kabobs-small

o   Naan

o   Pita/hummus

o   Falafal

o   Spring Rolls
PLEASE email us back at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you're interested in helping us out all.

Representatives from the MSA will be present at this Friday's prayer--an announcement will be made; so feel free to bring any article of clothing or other representation of Islam on this day.

Thanks so much and we're looking forward to speaking with you soon,

Regards and salam,
Waliha Gani.
JMU MSA President.