My pluralist and women-friendly department is conducting a search for a tenure-track position.  Please share widely and feel free to write to me if you have any questions.

EMORY UNIVERSITY, ATLANTA, GA.  Assistant Professor (tenure-track), beginning Fall 2012.  Four courses/year, beginning undergraduate to graduate level.  Usual advising, committee, and other non-teaching duties.  Ph.D. required.  AOS:  Phenomenology, Continental Philosophy, and/or 20th century European philosophy.  AOC: history of philosophy.  Review of applications begins November 18, 2011; videoconference interviews will take place beginning in early December; finalists will visit campus beginning in January.  Applications must include:  a cover letter that addresses the position description; a current CV; a writing sample; a teaching portfolio; and, three confidential letters of reference.  Send applications to Faculty Search, Department of Philosophy, 214 Bowden Hall, 561 South Kilgo Circle, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322 USA.  Nominations are invited.  Emory University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks applications from women and minorities.

Noelle McAfee, Associate Professor of Philosophy
Associate Editor of the Kettering Review
Department of Philosophy
Emory University
561 S. Kilgo Circle
Atlanta, GA 30322