(with apologies for cross-posting)

We are happy and excited to announce that registration is now open for the Canadian Society for Women in Philosophy (C-SWIP) 2011 Conference, "Global Justice, the Environment and the Economy". This conference is being held from Friday, October 14 to Sunday, October 16 at the University of Victoria on beautiful Vancouver Island.

Our keynote speaker is Dr. Laura Westra, Professor Emerita (Philosophy) at the University of Windsor.  Professor Westra will speak on "Human Rights: the Commons and the Collective" (Saturday evening, 7.30pm).

The complete conference program is also now available online. Log on to the C-SWIP website (http://cswip.ca) to view or download the pdf.

You can now register online, using Paypal or a credit card, by following the links or by going directly here: http://cswip.ca/index.php/registration/

Registration Fees
• Standard Registration Fee for Non-Members of CSWIP: $130
• Standard Registration Fee for Members of CSWIP: $90
• Registration Fee for Students and the Underemployed who are Non-Members of CSWIP: $65
• Registration Fee for Students and the Underemployed who are Members of CSWIP: $40

If you would like to join CSWIP – and take advantage of the membership discount on conference registration – you can find our membership website here: http://cswip.ca/index.php/membership/

Details of conference accommodation, directions to the university of Victoria, and other useful information can be found on the conference website.   We look forward to seeing you there!

Alice MacLachlan, York
sent on behalf of the C-SWIP Executive and the Conference Organizing Committee