Dear Community Members:
We are looking for a volunteer who can attend a meeting with the group below. Please contact me if you do this.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Westebbe, Mark <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear Ehsan Ahmed: I just go off the phone with Zeinab Hassoun; she suggested I write this email to you. I coordinate the Volunteer Chaplain Program at Augusta Health Medical Center. We would like to know more about and be better prepared to care for Islamic patients who may come to our hospital to receive medical care. Would you or someone else be able to attend a meeting of our chaplains where we could explore this question and help us learn how to appropriately respond to care needs of Islamic patients? We would be welcome a presentation or informal discussion and can feed you lunch.  We meet the second Thursday most months, perhaps we can set up a date to meet.

Other Questions:

  1. Do you have literature or other material that could help us and/or help patients and families in times of stress and difficult decision-making?
  2. Is it appropriate for us to keep on hand a copy of the Quran or other texts which we could distribute to patients if they request them? Where would we get these materials?
  3. Who should we call if a patient or family wanted support from an Imam or other person from their faith tradition?

            Any help and/or education you could provide us would be most appreciated. My contact information is given below, I look forward to hearing from you. mark

--
Rev. Mark Westebbe, MDIV, AAPC Fellow
Chaplaincy Program Coordinator | Augusta Health

--
Ehsan Ahmed
1060 Bobwhite Place