Dear Community Members:

Asslama Alekum:

On behalf of the Muslim community in Shenandoah Valley and surrounding areas, I would like to thank everybody who helped in setting up the mosque for Eid prayers and breakfast. Our sincere thanks also go to the volunteers who managed traffic in such an efficient manner that we actually started prayers at 9:32 and finished everything by 10:00. Our thanks also go to Br. Mohamed Aboutabl who did the Khutba and led prayers. We had the largest gathering of Muslims since the mosque was opened in 1998. Prayer areas in both men and women's side as well as lobby and even parking area adjacent to the lobby were packed. I must also thank everybody who brought food for breakfast. My sincere thanks also go to the board members including Abbas Rawoot, Ikram Khan, Muhammad Aslam Afridi, Muhammad Aslam, Abdul Shakoor, Abdelrahman Abdul, and Ahmed Kareem for taking the leadership role in managing various parts of the mosque responsibilities during the last several months. Last but not the least I would like to thank the management of Royal Cab Service who shuttled people from the nearby parking lots to the mosque.

Ehsan Ahmed

On behalf of IASV

http://www.iasv.org

Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iasvharrisonburg