Kim--

There is a lot of great of work on the violence of analogies in queer of color critique and woman of color feminism (this is a key theme in both of these fields). Analogy has been long critiqued for its failure to account for the mutual constitution of categories and practices of difference. Intersectionality, queer of color critique, and woman of color feminism have all been theorized as offering precisely what the violence of analogy erases.

Some places to start:

Rod Ferguson. Aberrations in Black: Toward a Queer of Color Critique. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 2003.

Jasbir Puar. Terrorist Assemblages: Homonationalism in Queer Times. Durham: Duke University Press, 2007.

Anjali Arondekar. "Border/Line Sex: Queer Postcolonialities, or How Race Matters Outside the United States." interventions 7.2 (2005): 236-50.

Siobhan Somerville. "Queer Loving." GLQ 11.3 (2005): 335-70.

David Eng. The Feeling of Kinship: Queer Liberalism and the Racialization of Intimacy. Durham: Duke University Press, 2010.

Hope this helps!

Cathy

Cathy Hannabach
Visiting Lecturer, Women's Studies