Dear FEASTers, Karen with the Collegium of Black Women Philosophers, and
Thomas with the Indigenous Philosophers,
I have been roped by my Provost into developing an enormous NEH grant.  And
I've got about 5 weeks to do so.  I'm going to put together a series of
summer workshops for minorities in philosophy, covering minority texts and
issues in philosophy relating mostly to public spaces and public
discourse.  This means all of you will be getting a request to send
applications if I nail the money.  Sigh.  However, I have to provide a
whole syllabus for basically 3 years worth of workshops and I have 5
seconds to come up with this and a 3 year budget.  PLEASE, please, for the
love of the goddess, send me your recommendations.  I'm looking for
anything written by white women, women of color, men of color, and I'll be
putting up the Native American philosophy.  I'll be doing both Continental
and Analytic and there's no such thing at this point as too many
suggestions.  While I am the project director and Spelman is the home
institution, the political science department and the amazing Prof. Preston
King at Morehouse are collaborating.  There's more to this but I'm just on
it today and I pretty much have to get the whole narrative done this week.
As with any NEH, my chances are slim but gosh darnit, I'm going to give it
everything I've got.  Viva la Philosophical Revolution!

--
All my best,
Shay Welch